Friday, August 5, 2016

A Little Postpartum Honesty

Yesterday I went back to work after being off for 6 weeks after having my beautiful baby boy Wyatt. You think you know everything when you become a mother for the first time, but it is amazing how much there still is to learn. Some things are exactly as I remembered them, and others are almost the polar opposite. Let me explain...

When I had my daughter 2 years ago, I remember recovery being terrible. I would tell people that recovery was worse than the labor and childbirth itself. This time, not so much. I was more prepared when I went into the hospital and I knew what to expect. Which was why I teamed up with Fairhaven Health to work with them on a review for some of their products. I knew I was going to need something for my lady region from my experience last time. They offer a product called Sitting Pretty Soothing Spray and I was excited to try it. You see, the hospital offers a brand of soothing spray called Dermoplast. I wanted to avoid using it this time because of the ingredients. Take a look at the difference in the two soothing sprays ingredients.

Dermoplast: Benzocaine (20%), Menthol, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Aloe Vera Gel, Butane, Cetyl Acetate, Hydrofluorocarbon 152A, Methylparaben, PEG-8 Laurate, Polysorbate 85

Sitting Pretty Soothing Spray:  Witch Hazel, Vegetable Glycerin, Water, Organic Calendula Extract, Organic St. John’s Wort Extract, Organic Grapefruit Seed Extract, and Organic Lavender, Peppermint & Tea Tree Essential Oils.

Without going into too much detail, I was glad that I packed this in my hospital bag! It really helped with the discomfort of just giving birth, I feel like I healed really well and quickly, and it didn't smell like chemical spray like the other brand. It was such an opposite experience from my last post labor experience. All in all I would recommend making sure you have it on hand if you are getting ready to head into the hospital!

It's actually on sale right now for $14.95 on Fairhaven Health's Website!




No comments:

Post a Comment