Monday, April 7, 2014

Nursery Chair Debate

Picking a nursery chair for baby girl's nursery has been a task. This is what I have gone through...



Option #1: Was to use the old rocker that has been handed down from my grandfather. I was rocked in it as a baby, and would have loved to use it to rock my daughter. It would just need a coat of fresh paint and a comfy cushion. The problem? I was pretty set on an upholstered chair of some sort. I would love to be able to fall asleep in the chair if needed. We decided to use this in the nursery at my parents house for when Aubrey visits.



Option #2: To pick any of those BEAUTIFUL upholstered rockers/gliders that you see at Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, etc. Except, they are all SO expensive. Most of the ones I like are over $1,000...for a CHAIR! That's a no-can-do for this frugal girl.


Option #3: The famous IKEA Erktorp Jennylund chair. I have seen so many bloggers use this chair and attach a rocker base on it (extra $40). I was pretty sure this was what we were going to use. There were a few days when I was ready to head to IKEA and bring it home. I'm not sure about IKEA's return policy and the closest store is a bit of a drive for me. This is still an open option....but I wanted to try another first.


Option #4: I found an upholstered rocker on Walmarts website. They are out of stock most of the time. When they are in stock, they usually only have 1 color available at a time. It had been forever and the only colors I saw become ready were Chocolate and Demin. Not for me. Well, the Beige cover was available today, so I bit the bullet and ordered the chair. It was free shipping and Walmart is GREAT with returns. If this chair doesn't work out, I will return and try the IKEA Jennylund route.


2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about ordering this chair. Do you love it? Is it comfortable?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very comfortable and very pretty. It is a better quality than I would have thought! I have it on thick carpet and it does not rock much though, so that may matter to you. Other than that, we love it!

      Delete